How much does it cost?

  • Fees are $150/ 50 min session.

Do you have an office to meet in person?

  • Yes! If you are in Bolton or happy to travel there, my office is at 33 King St. W, next to the post office downtown.


Are you registered with the Non Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program?

  • Yes! I am also registered with Blue Cross/ Medavie for eligible veterans, military personnel, and newcomers who qualify for the Interim Federal Health Plan (IFHP.)

What if I’m not sure exactly where to start in therapy?

  • No problem. Some people know exactly what they want to work on, but not everyone does. You don’t need to have it all figured out. I’ll ask you about different parts of your life and history to better determine what the challenges are, then we’ll begin tackling them together.

Do you offer sliding scale?

  • Yes, I have a limited number of spots, depending on your financial situation. Please ask me for more details, if needed.

Do you offer direct billing?

  • I have been facing some challenges setting this up, and am not able to offer it at this time. I hope to offer it in the future.

How does it work with insurance?

  • You’ll pay for sessions, then submit claims to your insurance to get the money back. Everyone’s insurance coverage is different, but there are some common details. In your benefits package (provided by HR), there are usually specific amounts covered, for specific types of providers (e.g. Registered Massage Therapists, Chiropractors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychotherapists). Typically they cover up to a certain amount per session and then a maximum for the whole year. Some insurance requires the Social Worker to have an MSW (no problem – I do.) Some insurance plans have a flexible mental health/ health package that you can spend on whatever you want. Check your benefits package, and if you still have questions, you can reach out to your HR rep or your insurance company for more details.

What is the difference between a Social Worker and a Psychotherapist?

  • We are similar, and it used to mean the same thing. A Social Worker can perform a variety of roles, including therapy. We tend to look at resources and systems, as well as your day to day challenges. A Psychotherapist can only provide therapy (unless they have other certifications.) We both regularly engage in further training. We are regulated by different colleges (OCSWSSWCRPO.) Therapy became a controlled act only in the last decade. At that time, the new College of Psychotherapists was created and legislation was drafted to indicate who can do therapy. Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, and Psychotherapists are allowed to provide therapy. For more info, check out this link.
Translate »